Many assume their trees and shrubs will care for themselves, but these landscape elements are susceptible to problems like lawns and flowers. Keeping your trees and shrubs healthy adds to the overall appeal of your property, but this task can be overwhelming for homeowners. Whether you are struggling to care for your trees and shrubs or looking to ensure they stay healthy, this article is for you.
We’ll start by reviewing the problems trees and shrubs face in our area and provide tips to help preserve their health and vitality. We’ll also explore the downsides of managing these aspects of your landscape alone. Read on to learn more about tree and shrub care in Cincinnati with the experts from Total Green.
Problems Facing Cincinnati Trees And Shrubs
Trees and shrubs may appear healthy, strong, and indestructible, but specific threats can cause significant damage. The following list includes some of the problems facing trees and shrubs in our area:
- Fungal diseases decay the wood in branches and tree trunks.
- Powdery mildew can cause branches to die, buds that won’t open, and blemishes on fruit.
- Insects that feed on leaves, roots, stems, and flowers.
- Poor soil leads to a lack of nutrients, causing problems like slow growth, discoloration of leaves and smaller fruits.
- Drought can lead to poor growth and a thinning of the canopy.
The experts at Total Green know how to protect trees and shrubs from insects and disease. Proper fertilization will keep them strong enough to defend against environmental factors, and regular maintenance helps to ensure we catch any potential problems in the earliest stages. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to request a free quote.
Five Tips To Preserve The Health Of Your Trees And Shrubs
Consistent tree and shrub care is one of the best ways to preserve the health of your landscape. Here are five tips that will help keep these essential landscape elements:
- Pruning: Remove dead or diseased branches and any growing in the wrong direction.
- Water: Like the rest of your yard, trees and shrubs need water to grow healthy and strong.
- Mulch: Proper mulching insulates the soil and helps the roots stay moist.
- Weed: Weeds will rob trees and shrubs of vital nutrients and water.
- Inspect: Regularly check trees and shrubs for any signs of disease or pests.
Total Green’s tree and shrub care services help to keep your landscape in the best condition possible. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to request a free quote.
Downsides Of DIY Landscape Management
So many factors come into play regarding your landscape. Homeowners often only notice subtle signs of pests or diseases once widespread damage occurs. Determining why a tree or shrub looks unwell can be challenging, and guessing can often lead to misdiagnosis and further damage.
Working with tree and shrub care experts in Cincinnati like Total Green takes the guesswork out of managing your landscape. Professional disease and pest control for trees and shrubs will help them stay strong and healthy and live long lives. Contact us today to learn more about our landscape management services or to schedule an estimate.
Why Professional Tree And Shrub Care Is Worth It
The experts at Total Green understand the various problems landscape elements face, including pests and disease, and how to keep your trees, shrubs, and ornamentals healthy and robust. Contact us today at Total Green to learn more about our shrub and tree care services or to request a free quote and take the hassle out of landscape management.